MUST has a vacancy for the position of a Projects Engineer. This job exists to assist in the effective and efficient delivery of structural related services in the University.
Among others, the Projects Engineer shall be expected to perform the following duties.
- Undertaking feasibility study for construction sites including Geotechnical surveys and earth-works designs and levels for proposed sites
- Developing engineering briefs for projects to appraise management on the structural viability of projects
- Designing and coming up with structural drawings for all University projects for tendering and construction purposes
- Supervising of all University major and minor projects.
- Advising on the suitability and strength of construction materials including interpreting test results for materials on a construction site
- Quantifying and specifying all requisite structural materials for construction and inclusion into Bills of Quantities (BoQs) in compliance with the minimum standards of quality
- Writing and presenting regular reports to the Estate Development Manager in line with his or her duties.
- Ensuring that quality control measures in projects, rehabilitation and maintenance works being undertaken are being administered at all times.
However, for a more detailed advert, click here: Advert – Projects Engineer, 2019