ADMISSION OF ECONOMIC FEE (FULL FEES) PAYING UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS FOR THE 2020/21 ACADEMIC YEAR
|a||Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Biomedical Engineering||5 Years|
|b||Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Chemical Engineering||5 Years|
|c||Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Manufacturing Engineering||5 Years|
|d||Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Metallurgy and Materials Engineering||5 Years|
|e||Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Textile Engineering||5 Years|
|f||Bachelor of Science in Medical Microbiology||4 Years|
|g||Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging||4 Years|
|h||Bachelor of Science in Immunology||4 Years|
|i||Bachelor of Science in Sports Science||4 Years|
|j||Bachelor of Science in Earth Sciences (Geology)||4 Years|
|k||Bachelor of Science in Meteorology and Climate Science||4 Years|
|l||Bachelor of Science in Disaster Risk Management||4 Years|
|m||Bachelor of Science in Geo-Information and Earth Observation Science||4 Years|
|n||Bachelor of Science in Petroleum GeoScience (Oil and Gas)||4 Years|
|o||Bachelor of Science in Water Quality and Management||4 Years|
|p||Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Energy Systems||4 Years|
|q||Bachelor of Science in Computer Systems and Security||4 Years|
|r||Bachelor of Science in Business Information Technology||4 Years|
|s||Bachelor of Arts in Indigenous Knowledge Systems and Practices||4 Years|
|t||Bachelor of Arts in African Musicology||4 Years|
|u||Bachelor of Arts in Language, Communication and Culture||4 Years|
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Entry into Year 1
Applicants should possess a Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) or IGSCE or their equivalent ‘O’ level qualification with six credits including English obtained in 2017, 2018 or 2019. Applicants must have scored an aggregate of not more than 21 points.
- Those applying for programmes a-i must score credit grades in Mathematics, Physical Science (or Physics and Chemistry) and Biology.
- Those applying for programmes j-p should also have a credit in Geography in addition to Mathematics, Physical Science (or Physics and Chemistry) and Biology.
- Those applying for the Bachelor of Science in Computer Systems and Security (program q) must have minimum of credit in Mathematics and Physical Science (or Physics).
- Those applying for the Bachelor of Science in Business Information Technology (program r) must have minimum of credit in Mathematics. and
- Those applying for Arts programmes (programmes s, t & u) must have minimum of credit in any two of the following: History, Life Skills, Social Studies, Creative Arts, Bible Knowledge, Performing Art and Languages.
- Entry into Year 2
All candidates with GCE ‘A’ Levels will join in Year 2 of study.
- Those applying for science related programmes should have A-Levels with a three subject combination of any of the following: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology or Geography with a minimum grade of ‘C’ in each of any of the three subjects.
- Those applying for Arts programmes should have a three-subject combination of Geography, History, Life Skills, Languages, Arts, or Social Studies, with a minimum grade of ‘C’ in each of any of the three subjects.
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR MATURE ENTRY STUDENTS
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A Malawi School Certificate of Education or its equivalent GCE ‘O’ Level or IGCSE qualification with at least four (4) credits including Mathematics, Physical Science (or Physics and Chemistry) and Biology with credit score of not more
than 5 points in each of the above subjects. In addition, for BSc in Earth Sciences, Climate Science, Sustainable Energy Systems and, Water Quality and Management, applicants should also have a credit in Geography. Those applying for the Bachelor of Arts in Indigenous Knowledge Systems and Practices and African Musicology must have minimum of credit in History, Life Skills, Social Studies, Creative Arts, and Languages.
- A relevant Diploma or Advanced Diploma from accredited institution of higher learning.
- GCE A-Level with a three subject combination of any of the following subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology with a minimum grade of ‘C’ in each of these three subjects.
- For the Bachelor of Arts in Language, Communication and Culture, candidates must have a relevant Diploma or Advanced Diploma from accredited institution of higher learning and a Malawi School Certificate of Education or its equivalent ‘O’ or IGCSE Level qualification with at least four (4) credits in History, Life Skills, Social Studies, Creative Arts, and Languages (including Chichewa). Candidates will join in 3rd year of study.
Candidates may be required to take additional first year modules wherever necessary.
- TUITION FEES.
Tuition fees payable are as follows:
- K2,250,000.00 per academic year for Malawian students;
- US$3,900 per academic year for foreign students from SADC countries;
- All other foreign students will pay US$4,700 per academic year.
Other Costs for Undergraduates
Residence Fees: K200,000 or (US$215) per year
Medical Insurance: K250,000 or US$350 per year
Living expenses approximately K500,000 or (US$700) per year
To be considered, applicants must submit the following mandatory requirements:
- A completed undergraduate application which can either be collected in person from MUST Registry Office or on written request or can be downloaded from the following website: www.must.ac.mw
- A letter of undertaking to pay economic fees from parent/guardian or sponsor with evidence of reliable source of income. Students will only be allowed to register upon part-payment of at least half the full fees.
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates or notification of results.
- An original bank deposit slip of a non-refundable application fee of K10,000 for Malawians and $50 for all non-Malawians. Payment of application fees should be made into the bank account provided below:
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: MUST Students Account
Type of Account: Current Account
Account Number: 9100001063429
Swift Code: SBICMWMX
Bank Name : FDH Bank
Bank Branch : Limbe
Account Name : MUST Collections Account
Account Number : 1070000218137
Account Type : Current Account
The deadline for receipt of completed applications is 31st August, 2020. For enquiries, please call +265 1 478 242. A completed application form, copies of CERTIFIED academic qualifications and a deposit slip should be sent to:
The University Registrar
Malawi University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 5196, Limbe