Undergraduate Application

There are three methods you can apply for the undergraduate program. You can apply as Generic (Goverment sponsored or economic-paying student), mature entry or as an international student.

Goverment sponsored Students

Students can apply online or through paper copies, and the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) handles the application process.

Online Application

Apply online through the National Council for Higher Education website by following this link https://pus.nche.ac.mw.

All online applications must include the following electronic documents:

  • Identity card;
  • Passport-sized photo;
  • Certificate or result notification slip;
  • Proof of payment of application fee.

Hard copy applications

Application forms can be collected from NCHE offices in Lilongwe, all District Commissioners, and District Education Managers’ offices in all districts across Malawi. The forms can also be accessed on NCHE website as well as the at the our reception at MUST campus.

Once you have collected the application form, you can fill it out and send it to the NCHE office before the dateline indicated on the advert.

National Council for Higher Education,

Private Bag B371,



Economic Paying Students

These are all the students who have failed to secure a spot during the NCHE selection but they feel that they can manage to pay the tuition fee without Goverment sponsorship.

Mature Entry Students

To apply as a mature entry student, you must have the following;

Postgraduate Application

We have a dedicated online system that will help you apply for postgraduate studies. You can apply by clicking the button below.